Cyber Security Program
All Hands on Deck: (Cyber) Security is Everyone’s Business
Cybercrime is increasing in frequency, size and sophistication so technological defences alone are no longer sufficient. Gone are the days of pointing the finger at IT and saying ‘it’s their responsibility’ – cyber security is a shared responsibility – one in which Canadians, their governments, the private sector and our international partners all have a role to play.
Join us as we explore solutions to the ever widening security skills gap, learn about insider threats and how to address them, and hear firsthand from industry leaders who have successfully established an enterprise approach to security involving all business lines.
- Understand today’s security landscape and the threats posed by cyber criminals.
- Learn about the security risks presented by disruptive technologies such as cloud and mobile and the challenges business, government, and policy makers face within today’s digital environment.
- Advance participant knowledge about what tools and practices are available to mitigate today’s cyber threats and to address the ever increasing skills gap.
- Learn how to establish an effective security program, across all business lines, including effective response plans when a breach occurs.
Who Should Attend
- Executives, managers and staff across all business lines within the public and private sectors.
- Business and IT people who need to contribute to and deliver on security practices within their organization.
- Financial Managers who need to understand the risks and why investing up front in cyber security is critical.
- Employees who want to learn more about cyber security and their role in safe-guarding themselves and their organization
- Eric Belzile, Director General, Cyber and IT Security Operations, Shared Services Canada
- Bonnie Butlin, Co-Founder & Executive Director, Security Partners’ Forum (SPF)
- Dan Couillard, Senior Director, Cyber Security, CIOB, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
- Colleen Merchant, Director General, Cyber Security, Public Safety Canada
- Jamie O’Hare, Senior Security Sales Specialist, TELUS Security Solutions
- Kelly Stewart-Belisle, President, AFCEA Ottawa Chapter
- Joe Waddington, Director General, Cyber Protection, Communications Security Establishment
- Willie Wong, Canadian Security Leader, Marketing, IBM Security, IBM